AEC Armoured Car is a series of heavy armoured cars built by the Associated Equipment Company (AEC) during the Second World War. The first example was demonstrated in early 1941, and an order was placed in June of that year.
The first version carried a Valentine Mk II turret with 2 pounder gun. Vehicles of later variant designs carried heavier armament. Mk II version has heavier turret with a 6 pounder gun, redesigned front hull, 158 hp diesel engine. The weight of Mk II is 12.0 t.
Mk II and Mk III armored cars were used on continental Europe. Production of all the AEC armoured car marks ceased after 629 had been produced. The Mk II / Mk III took part in the fighting in Europe with British and British Indian Army units. In 1944 a batch of AEC armoured cars was send into Yugoslavia for use by partisans, transferred cars were used more than 10 years.
After WWII, some AECs were in use by some countries up to the 1970s.