This self propelled anti-tank was built by the Germans in 1942 in order to face the dangerous, new Russian tanks and to equip their own anti-tank units with a mobile vehicle. Same body as the German Pz 38 (t). The turret was substitute by a fixed superstructure which incorporated a 75mm Pak 40 gun. Motor and interior equipment remained unchanged and therefore the vehicle was very high, while the gunners were in a rather exposed position. From 1943 to 1944 were a total of 975 units built. Widely used in Tunisia, Russia and Italy. Remained in service with Panzerjaegerabt, on the infantry, Panzergrenadier and armoured divisions until the end of 1944.