The Sd.Kfz. 251 was produced in a number of hull types as production had to be simplified as the war wore on. German half-tracks were used in a number of roles including that of mortar carrier. This version, known as the Sd.Kfz. 251/2, provided a mobile platform for the 8cm GrW34 medium mortar.
Currently this is the only kit of the mortar carrier on the market available in 1/72 scale. Much effort has been invested in the kit with completely new tooling to represent a wonderfully replicated true to scale riveted hull! On the original vehicle the 8cm Grenatwerfer 34 mortar could be dismounted and fired from a baseplate, or fired while mounted inside the vehicle."
- completely new tooling of riveted body and armor plates for Ausf.C NEW TOOLING
- newly tooled 8cm Grenatwerfer 34 mortar NEW TOOLING
- new mount for installing the mortar in the vehicle NEW
- photo-etched parts for upgrading details
- Detailed tracks manufactured in DS (Dragon Styrene)
- all wheels possess crisp detail
- road wheels injected as a unit
- convenient to assemble and saves time
- Cartogarf decal offers accurate markings