This kit is accurate and includes completely new parts to achieve the distinctive shape and form of the basic armored personnel carrier 251/1 version of the Ausf.D.
- Completely new body and armor plates
- New lower hull
- New MG42, including a swiveling mount for the rear MG
- Detailed tracks manufactured in Dragon Styrene
- Road wheels injected as a unit - convenient to assemble and saves time
- Vision ports can be assembled open/closed
- Rear doors can be posed open/closed
- Engine hatches can be posed open/closed
- All wheels are crisply detailed
- Photo-etched parts
- Wide range of Cartograf decal markings available
About the Sd.Kfz. 251 Ausf. D:
The SdKfz 251 half-track was an armoured fighting vehicle built by Germany during World War II.
There were four main models (A - D), with many variants. The initial idea was for a vehicle that could be used to transport a squad of troops to the battlefield protected from enemy fire. The open top meant that the crew was still vulnerable.
The D version utilised a much simpler design, and can be easily recognised by its single piece sloping rear (with flat doors).
Although designed for cross country work, it had some limitations as the front wheels were not powered.